I can bring clarity and accuracy to all your written products:
- Online presence: websites, blog posts
- Marketing material: advertisements, brochures, case studies
- Reporting and policy documents: annual reports, business proposals, white papers
- Customer reference: catalogues, product guides
- Communications: newsletters, template letters and emails
What are the benefits of having clear, accurate text?
Your readers stay focused on the message, instead of being distracted by errors.
You project a professional appearance, showing that you care about the details.
Your text says what you meant it to say.
You improve user experience with straightforward text that flows in a logical order, letting your customers or colleagues easily find what they need.
Having clear and accurate products will enhance the message you are delivering and help improve engagement.
What are the advantages of outsourcing these checks?
You have access to expert knowledge on finding and correcting the errors that spelling and grammar checking tools miss.
You gain a fresh perspective, highlighting areas that might be unclear to people reading your text for the first time.
It can be more cost effective to pay for expertise as and when needed.
Your employees can stay focused on other tasks.
What will I do?
I will do some or all of the following, depending on your needs. In all cases I will check you are using the right words, grammar, and punctuation, and that you have a consistent style for a seamless and professional look.
- Spot errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and word usage.
- Check the general layout and sequence to make sure that different elements are combined in an order and style that is most effective and most clearly gets your message across.
- Suggest alternative wording or phrasing to improve the impact or flow of the text.
- Check compliance with house style. If you don’t already have one, I can create one for you.
- Check design elements such as pagination and spacing.
How does the process work?
1. Tell me about your project: email or phone me, or complete the contact form.
It helps to include this kind of information:
- Type and length of document
- What stage it is at (e.g. early draft / final proofs)
- What you want to achieve
- Your timeframe
- Any budget you are working to
- Whether you already have a style guide to apply.
2. I explain costed options for how I can add most value. This could be proofreading, copyediting or a combination.
3. You confirm your preferred option and email me / share a link to your documents – pdf or Microsoft Office formats are best.
4. I mark up suggestions or make changes (depending on your preferred approach). I then send you:
- your amended documents
- an updated style sheet
- a note of any issues you might need to consider.
You can ask me about anything I have changed or suggested that you don’t understand or are unsure about.
5. You accept or reject the changes – the final decision is yours. And then you are good to go – publish, upload, or send with confidence!
© 2017-2022 Amanda Anstee