I am committed to helping independent businesses provide the best possible service whilst projecting a more professional image. Whatever your line of business, I can make sure that your written output is clear and accurate, for example in:
- Marketing material: flyers, advertisements, brochures
- Online presence: websites, blog posts
- Customer reference: menus, catalogues, price lists
- Reporting and policy documents: annual reports, business proposals, employee policies
- Communications: newsletters, signs, template letters and emails
What is involved?
I am not here to create an image for you or take away from your individual voice – after all, you know your business best and it is your style and personality that should shine through. I am happy to discuss text-treatment options, but as a guide I would usually do some or all of the following:
- Spot errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation and word usage.
- Check the general layout and sequence to make sure that different elements are combined in an order and style that is most effective and most clearly gets your message across.
- Suggest alternative wording or phrasing to improve the impact or flow of the text.
- Check compliance with house style.
- Check design elements such as pagination and spacing.
Why is this important?
Simple errors can distract the reader, create an unprofessional appearance, or even change the meaning of what you are trying to say. Spelling and grammar checking tools are helpful but they don’t pick up everything. Writing that does not follow a logical order can be frustrating and confusing, and makes it hard work for your customers or colleagues to find out what they need to know.
Having clear and accurate products will enhance the message you are delivering and help improve customer engagement.
How much does it cost?
As with most services, this will depend on the type of input you need and how much work is required, but my rates are fair and competitive. If you are already carrying out this role in-house, it could be more cost effective to hire a freelancer as and when needed, allowing employees to stay focused on other tasks.
Once you provide some details of your requirements I would be happy to provide a price for the job. Or get in touch for my hourly rates if you would be interested in an ongoing service (e.g. checking monthly reports).
So what next?
To find out how I could help and/or request a quotation, please get in touch.